Sunday, March 3, 2013

So, I'm an ass

After my last post, I was contacted by three different editors, asking for a shot at editing the thing, which is surprising, considering what a condescending ass I was in the post. At least I don't have to worry that nobody will even want to touch the thing. I'm getting assurances that it won't cost as much as I was saying, but I'm not sure how anyone can say that without having seen the thing. For all anyone knows, every other sentence could be a crow's nest that needs untangling.

Got some good work done today. The later chapters are going a little easier because I'm not having to adjust for things I changed along the way. Can't wait to get this thing done with and out of my hands already.

Ever since my mother passed, I've found writing to be a nice catharsis. The only concern I have about it is that I may not be objective enough to edit the parts I once thought were funny, because I'm not finding much funny these days. Too damn melancholy. But we're all slowly snapping out of it, so I hope to be back to normal soon.

6 comments:

  1. Send out some sample chapters and then you'll know just what your financially in for and which is the best match for you. I'm sure your story isn't near as much of a mess as you're concerned that it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing the ups and downs, insecurity and then who the hell cares, it's my story no matter if I, or the world, thinks it sucks. Hang in there and so sorry to hear about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say, I love the pic of the butt end of a shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your writing, Fred and it won't require heavy editing unless you've had some brain fart over the last couple of years. Have faith in yourself!! And like Arlene, I love the pic! That big an ass??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your mom....been there. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy?! I'm honored you stopped by. And thank you all for the condolances. Mom was a teacher. She loved authors, particularly female authors, because Dad loved male authors. It was a mess. Anyway, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete