Monday, April 4, 2011

Chapters two and three done

Time for another small party. Chapters two and three have been ironed out. My problem at this point is that I'm so immersed in the story that I'm not sure how smoothly the plot points will come across the page. No way to know until someone else reads it. Three chapters in and only one corpse so far. I'm not sure that's enough for today's reader, but it'll have to do for now.

The system I've devised seems to be working. The collected fragments that come to me during my commute or at the grocery store that get put on the tape and later transcribed are similar enough and adhere to the theme closely enough that I don't think it'd be as jarring jumping from one to the next as I had feared. Obviously, some of the transitions are taking far more work than others, but I'm happy with what's born in those moments that I'm laying the mortar that holds the bricks together. In fact, I don't think I could have effectively written these transitions before I was this familiar with the story and characters.

I've settled on the names of two more of the characters. Alas, the protagonist's name is still up in the air.

Two more chapters and then the players are unleashed on the distant planet.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Fred. Your comments always make me smile. :)

    Don't you just hate it when the MC's name withholds itself? Darn you unnamed characters!!!

    Three chapters and one corpse doesn't sound so bad. As long and the corpse really makes and impact, the body count doesn't need to be high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to make it past the first page a character pops to life, or death on, until the name comes across. Even that body would have to have a name, of course, Jane or John Doe is always apt.
    Congrats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete